So at the gym yesterday an acquaintance of mine was raving so hard about The Hurt Locker that I went out and got it.

I haven't watched too many movies in the cinema lately, unless I am going with my nine year old daughter to entertain her, so I haven't seen this movie yet.

My friend was telling me that The Hurt Locker is one of the greatest movies of all time. A classic! A movie he would watch over and over again.

I looked at him sharply when he poured on all these accolades and asked him if it was on par with something like The Godfather and he said yes.

Anyway, I am now half way through watching it and...I've got to say, it is dull dull dull GOD it is dull.

I mean the character development is, zilch. The plot line is, basic. I love a good war movie but even something like Zoltan Korda's 1943 Sahara is far more three dimensional than this thing. Actually Sahara is one of the great movies of all time, so my point is not that "even" Sahara is superior to The Hurt Locker, but rather than "even" after 66 years this director was unable to come up with anything better.

Watching The Hurt Locker I feel like I am being forced to endure something really long and drawn out. Just the fact that I turned it off midway and switched to a re-run of Law and Order on my TiVo says it all I think.

Am I missing something?