Thread: Scientology - the cult of the absurd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Scientology - the cult of the absurd

Paul Haggis Resigns from Church of Scientology | www.scientology-cult.com

Paul Haggard's indignant resignation from Scientology.

Any cult that believes that mankind sprung from a space traveling DC-10 aircraft deserves little respect, but when one considers that its founder L Ron Hubbard was a drug abusing pedophile who discovered there was more money in bilking religious converts than publishing bad science fiction, there is very little left to be said.

All Scientology cares about is grabbing as much money as it can from its converts, and suppressing the truth about how absurd and extreme its views are. To be avoided at all costs, and ridiculed at all opportunities.

Blog Entries

Default Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse

Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse - NYTimes.com

After 13 years and growing disillusionment, the Collbrans decided to leave the Sea Org, setting off on a Kafkaesque journey that they said required them to sign false confessions about their personal lives and their work, pay the church thousands of dollars it said they owed for courses and counseling, and accept the consequences as their parents, siblings and friends who are church members cut off all communication with them.

Blog Entries

Default John Travolta Gay - the Church of Scientology unable to cure him of his homosexuality

And now we have stories about John Travolta, allegedly gay, on whose behalf the Church of Scientology has been trying to conceal his homosexuality.
    http://www.lermanet.com/cos/pattinson1.htm

John Travolta has been dragged into court battle between a gay artist and the powerful Church of Scientology. Michael Pattison says he turned to the sect to "cure" his homosexuality after it used 44-year old "Face Off" star Travolta to illustrate how the church could turn gay people straight. Now Pattison is suing the church and 22 of its members for fraud, claiming he spent 25 years and a half a million dollars trying to deal with his own homosexuality - but is still gay.

His lawyer, Graham Berry, tells STAR: "Michael was in a Scientology center in Clearwater, Florida with Travolta and they used him as an example of someone who could be cured of what they referred to as is "ruin". However, after 25 years and $500,000, Michael is still gay."
    Apparently, so is John Travolta!

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...y_sex_suit.php

John Travolta is a gay massage fiend, lawsuit claims.

When a Los Angeles man wrote a book that claimed John Travolta was a well-known cruiser of gay massage spas in town, we were a bit doubtful.
    First, why didn't others come forward with similar accusations that the actor was doing this pretty much out in the open? Second, one of the main spas mentioned was not known as a gay spot at all. Well, maybe we were wrong:

In a lawsuit revealed today, a masseur alleges that Travolta hired him, took him to a Beverly Hills Hotel bungalow and fondled him after he stripped himself nude.

Blog Entries