Thread: Chasing Dash Snow

Blog Entries

Default Chasing Dash Snow

At 25, he is a growing downtown legend, a graffiti writer turned artist with a beautiful face and a De Menil pedigree, elusive even to the two friends who created his myth. What happens if he�s caught?

Chasing Artist and Downtown Legend Dash Snow -- New York Magazine

The artist Dash Snow rammed a screwdriver into his buzzer the other day. He has no phone. He doesn�t use e-mail. So now, if you want to speak to him, you have to go by his apartment on Bowery and yell up. Lorax-like, he won�t come to the window to let you see that he sees you: He has a periscope he puts up so he can check you out first.

Blog Entries

Default Terrible End for an Enfant Terrible

Death and Life of Dash Snow, Artist, Addict and Provocateur - NYTimes.com

WHEN the artist Dash Snow died of an overdose on July 13, stoned and alone at the Lafayette House in the East Village, detectives found the following items in his room: an empty can of Amstel Light, an empty can of Heineken, an empty bottle of Bacardi rum, three used syringes and 13 glassine envelopes emptied of heroin.

This is reminiscent of the "name your poison" Jack Kerouac/Allen Ginsberg/William S. Burroughs/Neal Cassady et. al. beat generation.