Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2022 Vegas trip

Day 26 play.

Really bad wipeout day. I was actually ahead something like +11K and then just got in a major downward spiral. Really bad sessions.

Day 27 play.

Baccarat.

Took it easy won some.

+6500

I�m still upset about the Day 26 play not just because I lost but because I was ahead a good sum then - wiped out. That�s no way to be.

Day 28 play.

Baccarat.

Over a dozen shoes ground it out. Goal was to overcome the Day 26 loss and eventually, I made it.

+61000

Major Vegas windstorm incoming.

Although I prefer to play alone, there is something to be said for playing at public Baccarat tables. At a recent session I placed a very high bet on Bank. Every other player at the table put a much smaller bet, also on Bank. The dealer pointed out that "Everyone here supports you."

At Baccarat, especially among Asians, the concept of "support" for the high wager has a revered status, which signifies not just that everyone agrees with your post, but even that unseen forces are being directed your way to give you luck. Personally, I think the "luck" or skill of Baccarat concerns picking the right hand, and does not go beyond that, but most Baccarat players, and Asians in particular believe that the cards will actually change in your favor in your hands if your are lucky, and against you if you are unlucky.

That day, with that beyond table limit bet, I drew a 7 on Bank, Player had a 1 and the dealer drew an ace to finish the hand with a Bank win. The entire table roared with approval, and granted, each person was happy that his or her bet also had won, but that sort of raucous cheering resulted from the dollar amount of my bet, from their support of my large bet. That sort of camaraderie is something that you experience at a Baccarat table when everyone is betting and winning together, and there is nothing like it when the cards are falling in your favor.

Day 29 play.

Baccarat.

Got up a solid 25K or so, then had a series of bad hands, lost it all and then some.

Day 30 play.

Baccarat.

I was actually playing pretty hard but didn't manage to win a whole lot considering the average bets.

+15000

Day 31 play.

Baccarat.

Lonng session punctuated by a sumptuous lunch and dinner.

Booyah!

+77000

Day 32 play.

Baccarat.

Some heavy action. Very heavy. Was up about +15 then down -30 or so then rallied from there after I hit a 1000 tie bet and 20K Bank winner back to back to move back on up.

+23000