Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Spring 2021 Vegas Trip

Day 101 play

This was a monster session where I never bet over 10000 but I was also never much ahead. I played 11 shoes and ended up walking away actually down some just because I was getting tired.

It was a good exercise though in minimizing losses because I was down as much as -30000 at times.

Day 102 play

Short session; just two shoes, max bet 3000.

+1575

Day 103 play

Just one shoe - highest bet, 2500. Won over ten K. It was funny because every time I placed a side bet for the dealer, we won. I mean every time, without fail. The only hands I lost were ones with no side bet. Not saying that I lost every hand with no side tip - I won a lot of those too, but I won every single bet where I placed money for the dealer.

+11875

Day 104 play

I played 2 1/2 shoes. The half shoe was the second one and I had to stop playing it because the cards jammed and they couldn't reset the shoe. I actually had to just pull my bet with four cards out on a mandatory two card draw, and wait for the next shoe.

I got several runs and ended up nicely ahead.

After I was done I asked what my average bet was - pit boss said, more than once, that was putting down a little more for my average bet because "you take care of my dealers." Also mentioned something about 8 out of 9, or some such, I actually wasn't sure what was talking about - assumed that meant that put me down for having played 8 out of 9 hands average, again, repeated that this was based on "because you take care of my dealers"- assume this was something about what percentage of hands I play in the shoe?

I always understood it that where someone like me, who doesn't free hand the shoe to death, plays most every hand they just give full time credit, but perhaps some pit bosses are watching more closely than that, and deduct from time played for every free hand in some way.

+13900

Day 105 play

Overplayed a bit, I was ahead as much as 6500 but I got on a bad run and gave it all back was actually down about -6000 at one point after being up. What a dump! It didn't take too long though I was back in the green and stopped.

Just goes to show though - shouldn't look at what was ahead at the peak, but just the fact that I walked ahead.

+1750

Day 106 play

Played just one shoe - don't think my average bet was much over 600. Ended ahead nicely, considering that average bet, and stopped.

+5400

Day 107 play

I was down as much as -20K at one point but I didn't do any huge bets (well, not over 5K at most points although I did win one +12K bet, which was my max bet for this session), and gradually won it all back. As I got closer and closer to even my dealer kept asking me What I needed to get even, and at the end of the third shoe - I needed only another 1000.

As I closed that gap on a short Player run the dealer asked again, Okay! so are we good? and...we were.

+0

The dealer won more than I did, and I probably tipped about about 25 to my attendants, but even, is even, and preserved all bullets for another, easier day.

So many players come to the table and declare that no matter what they get ahead, they will always give it all back. Why even play if you know up front that this is what you will do?

Day 108 play

Just two shoes - highest bet was, I think - 3500?

Ended at just under ten grand ahead at the end of the second shoe and called it a day.

+9200

Day 109 play

I was on a tight schedule today as I had a few appointments in town, so I was grateful to get back to even on the third shoe just as I had to take off after being down as much as -20K. The turnaround came on a 10K Player hand where I drew an initial 0, Bank 4, and I got the 9 to stop the action and win the hand. From there, it was pretty smooth sailing back to even.

The dealers actually ended up winning more than I did.

+15