Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Addressing Covid-19

1. Default Blog Addressing Covid-19

Hi. My name's Bob Dietz. I've been a professional sports handicapper for the last 40 years. I'm going to link to my blog from here. The blog has followed the Covid-19 crisis since it's inception and has been ahead of the curve. I pivoted from sports gambling to the pandemic back in March. My late wife was a demographer and anthropologist. Her work analyzing Native American remains upon contact gave me a preview of the possible effects of pandemics.

What I will try to do is give a thumbnail summary of the blog entries each week, so people can track them down if they have any interest.

The latest is part of my "Politically Incorrect" series as it broaches subjects too indelicate for primetime discussion. There are currently about a hundred entries regarding the pandemic.

Bob Dietz's Integrity Sports: Politically Incorrect: The Evangelicals

2. Default

Hi Welcome. I haven't posted much here yet myself but I like reading the content.

Hi Red. Integrity Sports!

4. Default

Welcome newbie.

5. Default

Welcome to the forum!!

Blog Entries

Welcome! also to BarbaraSmith.

Default The general problem with REDietz's writing

He thinks it's Gonzo, but he lacks what it takes to make it so.

Put another way, "Most writers don't have the honesty, the charm or the mental edge that you need to write decent gonzo," writes Shane Hegarty. "What you've got now is Jeremy Clarkson writing about himself, saying 'look what I'm doing, aren't I great?'. Hunter was never like that. It was about the great American dream and road trips and seeing what happens. You've got to be a genuine character for that to work. In the wrong hands, gonzo can be a disaster."

And that is what most of REDietz's writing turns out to be - a disaster.

He would do better to resign himself to being an MDawg Sycophant.

Still, compared to MisterV (aka MrV)'s fustian, REDietz's writing is Hemingway-esque.

I scrolled through some of the titles. Most have nothing to do with the Pandemic?

9. Default Debunking Internet Gambling Tales

For those of you who roll your eyes at the win/win/win narratives of certain internet gambling scribes, you'll be happy to know that (with college football drawing to a close), I'll be launching a site specifically addressing those narratives and debunking them.

I welcome all TruePassage readers and posters to stay tuned. The site itself will be modest at first, but the content will be a valuable resource for those interested in the reality of gambling, both recreational and professional.

I'll check in here during the days ahead to provide folks a countdown.

It's time for some reality checks, fellow gamblers!

Default Like it.

Sez I.