Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fall 2020 Vegas trip

Final chips plus winner's envelope. Just under $74,000.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinalTrip_73_6K.jpg 
Views:	2003 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	593

Chips converted to winner's check:

Name:	Wynn_check_47K.jpg 
Views:	1995 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	591
    Last edited by MDawg; 11-25-2020 at 10:06 PM.

As far as the hotel bill - over a month in a thousand dollar a night suite, forgettaboutit. The bill was about nothing.

We had to move after twenty some nights due to the Nevada regulation against "residents" living in hotel rooms, and the bill for that portion:

Name:	Wynn_SuitePart1_page1_redact.jpg 
Views:	1953 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	609

Name:	Wynn_SuitePart1_page2.jpg 
Views:	1771 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	610

Name:	Wynn_SuitePart1_page3.jpg 
Views:	1815 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	611
    This had one resort fee that had not yet been comp'ed, and once this was removed,

Name:	Wynn_SuitePart1_folio.jpg 
Views:	1819 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	612
    ended up at thirty-four dollars! The folio did not show any of the room service, which was full comp'ed off, tips and all. That is unusual - I haven't seen room service tips disappear alongside the food.

Also comp'ed off were some two thousand dollars in spa services.

The reason the tips that were not comp'ed off are so low, is that almost all of these represent take-out - for take-out I'd tip anywhere from two to five dollars. The way I looked at it, a full meal, spread out of an hour or two, deserved the usual full service tip, but to place food that the chef had already placed into containers in plastic bags and hand it to me, I figured a small token tip was enough.

As far as tipping cocktail waitresses and VIP staff, I kept a supply of $5. bills for that. I'd cash one of my winning $100. checks every other day or so, and tip all of those fives out.

As well, I put significant (up to $250.) tips for the dealers on the side of my own bets. I'd say, without a doubt, that during the course of my stay I tipped out easily at least ten grand to the dealers. They all love me!

The second half of the stay in the suite, was also almost fully comp'ed, including another fifteen hundred or so in spa.

Name:	Wynn_SuitePart2.jpg 
Views:	1788 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	613
    There were about forty-five dollars in food that the host hadn't comp'ed yet, which he handled before we checked out. He did not comp the spa retail, which left the final bill between the two stays in the two identical suites, at around six hundred dollars. A mere pittance, and representation of a solid forty grand or even more of comps.
    Last edited by MDawg; 12-06-2020 at 03:06 PM.

So that was our - almost seven weeks in Vegas.

By the way, I didn't get any of that spa stuff. I'm a thoroughbred, in that all I do in Vegas is play, go to the gym religiously for at least an hour each time at least every other day, and eat well and have constant sex. My gaming sessions are one a day only, and might be just a couple of hours, although some were as long as twelve hours.
    I might stop by the pool just to see the sun for ten minutes every now and then.

Name:	TowerSuites_pool.jpg 
Views:	2023 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	603
    My wife enjoyed all the spa.

Fully comp'ed all the way, and take home just under $74,000. across three resorts. Given how much I tipped out to dealers in winning bets alongside mine, and in cash to cocktail waitresses, VIP staff, bellmen and other assorted employees, and also some cash that we spent, in all, a great, successful trip.

I asked the host at the third resort (only) about my stats, and he confirmed, on THEIR computer they had me winning just under 53K, theoretical loss just under 80K, play about 77 hours average bet just under 1200.

Put another way - here are all of the markers I pulled and paid at the third resort. I lost track adding them all up, but close to a million.

Stacked up:

Name:	Wynn_markers_stack_redact.jpg 
Views:	1820 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	600

Spread out:

Name:	Wynn_markers_redact.jpg 
Views:	1840 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	602

It wasn't easy I am telling you, just because I won almost each day doesn't mean that I was ahead at all moments of each day. All's well that ends well though. The take home is what matters!

Okay, it's time to burn that 1000 they gave us!

Name:	LuxBoutique_1000.jpg 
Views:	1910 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	604
    Last edited by MDawg; 11-26-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Back to reality now. Caught up with most of my work but I have some deadlines with other work, December and February.

Back to the gym religiously. It's a more rigorous workout than at the Vegas hotels gyms - other than the Venetian's gym, there is no hotel gym in Vegas that comes close to comparing to a real gym.

We really lucked out again. Our last trip, in March, was just before the Vegas shutdown and just before things started to get ugly with the coronavirus pandemic.

And this time, we got out of there after a nice, long almost seven weeks, just as Nevada clamped down with regulations so strict that foodies would now require a reservation just to pick up fast food, and just before Southern California enacted stay at home orders, including in Los Angeles.

The Luck of the MDawg is incredible! Born blessed.

We're next looking forward to something more tropical, once flying and travel in general become safer again.