Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MDawg's Stock Investments and Trading

Another quick five hunny for the final trade of the day. This is what I mean by it's easier to trade on down days than up. Up days, sometimes all I do is watch my long terms rise and not trade at all. With major dips come major opportunity...but you must be nimble! (and not greedy).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMZN_1_27_2021_4.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	629

TSLA whiffed, due to an earnings miss (revenue was good though - beat).

I did a quick 815 to 825.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1981.jpg 
Views:	868 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	630

AAPL didn't do much - just left it alone as far as trading

Quick AMZN in the pre- 3203 to 3213. Sold too early, but ten points is ten points.

My long term AMZN should be back above 3300 by earnings.

I tried to short GME at 378 today - no shares available.

Name:	GME_short_1_28_2021.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	631

Can you imagine? 1000 shares. It dropped as low as 112 after that - dropped as much as -266 points!

Name:	GME_1_28_2021_2.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	632

And that's the thing though - this kind of UNPREDICTABLE volatility could lead people to lose money on BOTH sides today, long and short.

I don't think anyone is going down for this though in terms of criminal prosecution. I mean these Reddit kids all they did was just tell each other to, BUY! right? They didn't make up any lies about the stock, as far as I know. Just a group of people who banded together to try to support a stock. As long as whoever instigated it disclosed that he held a position, I don't see a violation of law.

Groups of people band together all the time to buy stocks, with varying success. During the first days of the crash of 1929, that is exactly what groups tried to do, prop up the failing market with pockets of buying, but...it didn't work, at least not for longer than a very short time.

By the way, speaking of the 1920s, this is one the best documentaries I have ever seen about the high flying 1920s, and the Crash of '29.

Today, whatever trades I have tried to enter got stuck in the queue. Never opened! Stupid, sluggish, system today.

I had GME at 265 on its first big dip, coulda made twenty points, and TSLA at 798 for another good trade. Today, and January 27th, this stock trading platform have been unacceptable sluggish, or not even working. This is not acceptable.

This is not acceptable. All trades I place are simply getting queued and not opening. I am testing the system now with deliberately below market trades - none will open. This, and then on the 27th couldn't even access the account. So, when they sit there in the queue forever, I just cancel them in case I get placed into a position without even knowing it.

Chat won't even work, and no one will answer the phone at the brokerage, and I am a high level account with a dedicated broker, and still can't get through.

Okay both are working now.

I missed a lot of good trades though. On the other hand, if I had entered a position and not been able to close it, I would have lost a lot. For example with GME, if I had filled at 265, I could have sold quickly at 285. However if I had been placed in the trade, and then gotten stuck, it also dropped all the way to 213 or so where it was halted, and is now 235.

If my TSLA trade at 798 had filled, and it should have, I'd be sitting pretty now though, regardless.

With trading a few minutes or sometimes even seconds may make a huge difference.

Booked over 30 points buying extra shares of AMZN and CMG long on dips. Rebounded nicely each time - if anything, sold too soon.

My designated broker account rep at one of my accounts called me today to apologize for the issues lately. He said that it's all due to overloaded servers and such. He said that if I am ever locked out of a trade to call him or at least message him and he will put me into the trade. Sounds good in theory - but when such events are transpiring typically it is impossible to get through to the brokerage at all, and by the time I could get through the stock price might be such that I wouldn't want to be in the trade any longer.

Nothing wrong with a quick 1200 off just 100 share lots of extra shares.

Name:	AMZN_2_5_2021.jpg 
Views:	860 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	635

Name:	AMZN_2_5_2021_2.jpg 
Views:	850 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	637