Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MDawg's Stock Investments and Trading

1. Default

You don't look at the stock prices during pre-market, only when the market is opened right?.

No I look at both, I sometimes do pre-market trades but not nearly as often as regular market trades. I'll sometimes do after hours trades on earnings days.

Lately though, at least with AMZN, the pre-market hasn't had anything to do with the later action...typically, I get what you're saying, the pre-market high is re-hit later during regular trading, but lately AMZN goes up and then just drops. Ironically, now is not a bad time to be shorting but the shorts will get their shorts handed to them soon enough.
    Last edited by MDawg; 09-18-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Just did this one 2971 to 2972, had the original sell order in at 2974 but it dropped all the way to 2956 I think it was, so I bailed on the 3 pts idea and let it go for just 1 point.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMZN_9_18_2020#2.jpg 
Views:	1793 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	362
    I think I could have gotten the 2974, but even the 2972 barely filled before it dropped again, then went back to 2973. It's a tough market today, at least so far.
    Last edited by MDawg; 09-18-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Lately I've been able to book at least a couple grand a day, if I book one thousand today I'll probably stop. Or switch to a different stock. I'd like to go for NFLX trading wise at 467 or so, TSLA below 440.

All I'm trying to do is net positive on little trades until the market recovers and brings my long terms back up to where they should be.

5. Default

on the 17th, AMZN stock lost 80 points pre-market, I believe this is the reason why you chose to trade it that day.

I just don't see AMZN staying this low today, it really should go back over 3000. But will it? Trading wise, I'd say that's a low probability trade to buy this one, today, on its way back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bago View Post
    on the 17th, AMZN stock lost 80 points pre-market, I believe this is the reason why you chose to trade it that day.
    Yes I think I remember that day...I jumped on it when I saw it down that much in the pre. Yes.

The stocks I trade the most: AMZN, GOOGL, TSLA, CMG, NFLX. I actually really don't trade much else come to think of it.

I hold these, and many other stocks, long term.

9. Default

So why would you want to trade TSLA today when the premarket formed an up gap from 423 to 448?

Well, for one, TSLA has a lot of strength lately versus AMZN that just keeps dropping daily. If I miscalculate and get stuck in a TSLA trade, probably just waiting until the next day would bring me back in the money. I'm not always a day trader, I'll also position trade sometimes over the course of days or even weeks.

Just did a third AMZN trade 2948 to 2951.07 So that's a grand for today, total between the 3 trades. Actually more like $1100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMZN_9_18_2020#3.jpg 
Views:	1782 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	363
    I had some other ideas buying at at 2953, and 2951 but cancelled those and went bottom fishing. It worked out.