Thread: Blood Plasma treatment for coronavirus

Blog Entries

Default Blood Plasma treatment for coronavirus

Two we know came down with coronavirus, one 62 years old, the other 59 both male, both no preexisting health conditions.

The 59 year year old didn't experience severe symptoms and is at home recovering.

The 62 year old had difficulty breathing, drove himself to the hospital, was placed on oxygen (oxygen, no respirator) and airlifted to another hospital and put into their ICU. His blood oxygen capacity has hovered between 80 - 90% (normal being 95% or higher). Today he received blood plasma from a donor who has covid-19 antibodies, which is the latest treatment for those with more severe coronavirus symptoms.

Blog Entries

The 62 year old is not doing well. His vital signs are unstable and he was put on a respirator today.

Blog Entries

59 year old vital signs have stabilized! blood pressure normal. Now breathing 7% on his own - two days ago was breathing entirely with respirator aid.

Blog Entries

Default Remdesivir and Leronlimab for coronavirus

According to the doctors, the 62 year old's body is shutting down
    Not producing urine
    Oxygen dropping
    50% - oxygen blood level
    95 % gas in blood
    Acid in body building up
    Kidneys failing
    Lung is infected

The over all problem is that his blood pressure keeps going down and they can�t stabilize him consistently. Of course he remains on the ventilator which is breathing 100% for him now, although it was improved to 90% for a while now back to 100%.

According to the doctor dialysis is not yet needed but not sure what it means that his body is not producing urine unless his kidneys are failing.

They have been giving him Remdesivir. Also last week they gave him blood plasma with coronavirus antibodies in it, which is the latest treatment. There is a possibility of Leronlimab being given to him which is another experimental drug for coronavirus.

They have started giving him blood thinners too to avoid clots. Also medication to combat his consistent low blood pressure.

Blog Entries

Sadly, the 62 year old passed away, approximately two weeks after he contracted the coronavirus.

He was on the list and about to be transported for ECMO treatment - direct oxygenation of the blood - but he would have had to go on dialysis first to address the kidney failure, and the doctor was concerned that he'd have a heart attack or other fatal complication just from inserting the catheter.

They really did everything for this gentleman - blood thinners from the getgo at a high level to avoid coronavirus blood clots, blood plasma with antibodies, Remdesivir, oxygen mask and later full ventilator, keeping him in a prone position, blood pressure medications - everything. I understand the doctor himself cried along with the family when the patient died. R.I.P.

Blog Entries

The 42 year old nephew of the 62 year old who died, also died from coronavirus. 42 years old no preexisting health conditions, but overweight.

The 42 year old was on a ventilator with the machine breathing 100% for him, but rallied to where he was breathing 50% and regaining consciousness. Unfortunately he eventually slipped back to where the machine was breathing entirely for him again, and died.