Thread: Streaks in gambling Baccarat versus dice

Default Streaks in gambling Baccarat versus dice

Some will say that streaks are all imaginary, that we see what we want to see, that there are no patterns in random events.

But...the difference between Baccarat and dice, for example, is that IF there is a pattern set in that Baccarat shoe, it WILL come up and repeat because the cards are fixed, set, may not be changed, once placed in the shoe.

While with dice, there is no set future pattern, as each roll of the dice is a truly independent event.

A subtle, but substantial difference.

I have heard of Bacc. players who have a general rule of "I bet whatever hand just won." Well for such a player, if he chances upon a shoe with a twenty-two bank or player run, and also has a general rule of pressing after each win, which many Bacc. players do in fact have these two rules, then every time he comes upon a shoe that has runs in it, he will make a lot, especially if he leaves right after the long run and doesn't keep playing that shoe.

However, these two rules of "always bet whatever just happened" and "press each time you just won" won't necessarily matter with events where the future is not fixed, like in dice rolls.

I mean yes, people will come back and say that over time no matter how much you make on runs things will even out over time and you'll give it back trying to bet on runs that never materialize. But, if you play the shoes with a discernible pattern hard and play lightly or simply get up and leave when presented with a random shoe, you might wind up ahead! including over time.

If you don't believe that there is such a thing as a good shoe, where any decent player will win big, then you shouldn't play Baccarat.