Thread: New Year's Vegas trip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paulie in Goodfellas (the book Wiseguy, not the movie) was described as someone who loved to use stolen credit cards in restaurants. The passage was something like, "he loved to pay for a lavish dinner with a stolen credit card" and "stuff that was stolen always tasted better than anything bought."

For Paulie, the best part of the night was getting over on somebody! It didn't matter that he could afford to buy the whole restaurant, he just liked getting something for free.

Similarly, comp'ed meals sometimes do taste better.

Woke up early. Not stock market early, but early for a Sunday, definitely early for a Sunday in Vegas, and definitely early for a Sunday in Vegas given how late we went to bed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TISuiteView.jpg 
Views:	2490 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	182
    Will probably putz around for a bit then go back to sleep. Then eat something and head to the gym. Or maybe do the gym first then go back to sleep.

That fog horn sound from nearby - I am thinking it has something to do with the construction at Resorts World. Maybe something that started recently because I don't recall hearing anything from across the street in November, but maybe their glass is thicker, I dunno. After moving all our stuff into here would not want to move and I think this style of suite all face the same way so moving might not not accomplish anything. Hmm, actually the noise has stopped. All night but not all day?
    Last edited by MDawg; 01-17-2020 at 08:05 PM.