Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Year's Vegas trip

The final tally on this trip, from all three resorts, was about 26K in my pocket on the way home. I probably won closer to 35K given all I tipped out and what I spent in cash tips and miscellaneous. Most everything was comp'ed at the first and last resorts, but at the middle one, they ended up comp'ing none of the spa and not even all of the food.

Still, the final hotel bills including spa charges that were not comp'ed, from all three resorts, come to a mere two grand. So we're talking a free two weeks in vacation at high end resorts, and going home with about $24K to the good.

On the last day I ended up playing 7 and a quarter (maybe a half) Baccarat shoes. I raced through them so quickly, because I was playing alone much of the time, that the pit bosses ended up giving me credit for only 6 hours, but this plus the other play at this last resort was enough apparently to appease my host, who comp'ed everything but spa and tips. There really wasn't much food on there anyway at this last resort, as we were dining out, outside the resort, much of the time, or carrying in TACOS EL GORDO or the equivalent.

A friend of mine showed up near the end of my session with $250. Just by placing quarters on my bets, he was able to double his money. For a while he was placing nickels on my smaller bets, twenty five or fifty on my larger, but one pit boss eventually stepped in and told him that as a concession to me - the big player - they would allow my friend to bet less than $100., which was the table minimum, and only $25. on top of my bets, but no less. Still, he was able to double his money easily and each time he put a quarter on my bets I should have kicked his quarter off and called the table limit $20,000. because we lost absolutely no bets where he placed the green chip on my stack.

Towards the end, including an $8000. marker I had pulled, my chip stack was looking like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Encore_chips_nearend.jpg 
Views:	1808 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	177
    and this was with an average of around $400. per hand - barely betting.

Tie bets - don't even get me started. The main pit boss at my table was advising any players who came up to bet the tie whenever I did.

"It's uncanny." he explained. "He's hitting something like 80% of his tie bets."

I have a system for predicting the ties. I bet them rarely, but when I do, I usually win. In my life I have bet a couple of $3000. tie bets (paying off $24,000.) and hit them both. 2/2. I have also bet a few $2000. and $1500. tie bets, and hit them all too. Of course, my average with smaller tie bets is not 100%, but when I am running hot (get me some antifreeze!), I will hit the majority of my tie bets.

After I paid off the marker, my winnings remained

Name:	Encore_win_1_12_2020.jpg 
Views:	1891 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	178
    at $10,710. after commission paid, for this one session alone.

Pushing me to play more hours had worked out. For me, not! the house.

Combined with the over $15K cash I had stuffed into the winner's envelope over the course of the trip

Name:	EncoreCash_15K_1_13_2020.jpg 
Views:	1918 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	179
    and a check which I received the next morning.

Mmy winnings, as noted, came to 26K.

Later as we relaxed in VIP, my friend commented on how the pit bosses had been acting during my play.

"They were all shaking their heads, frowning, trying to figure out how you were winning so consistently."

"Hmm," I mused. "You really think so? You really think they care about someone's winning ten grand?"

The pit bosses weren't the only ones who had noticed me. A young Asian guy had been watching much of my play. When I stood up to color up the chips, he stepped up to say hello and shake my hand.

"I just want to say, that it is very rare to see a player with such a good attitude."

I just laughed, and thanked him.

"Really though, you don't see that much. I just want to commend you. I think it is because of your attitude that you are winning."

Whatever the reason, I did win. And do win, consistently, in Vegas.

Another triumph, another success.

And what was the Winner's Dinner? How did I celebrate (other than the usual celebration with my wife, that has nothing to do with consumption of food)?

Name:	Encore_dinnerChampions.jpg 
Views:	1889 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	181
    As I got up to the suite I was trying to decide between our going out, room service or walking next door to Tacos El Gordo again. I had a lot of energy. But, after we celebrated, my wife wasn't really in the mood to dine at all, as she had already had a late afternoon salad for dinner.

And somehow, the beauty of chowing down my own Ramen in my comp'ed suite was the final gesture that seemed most fitting. Plus I was somewhat hungry, and not in the mood to walk, or wait for room service, and neither of us felt like being around people at a restaurant.

"I'll show hm," I thought to myself. "I'll not even put a last meal on the room, even though, after all that play, I am now more than entitled."

I wanted that host to know that if I wanted to put food on the room, with little or no play, I would do it, just as quickly as I would put nothing on the room, even after long hours of play. I ate, slept, and gambled my own way, not his. Even if I had played a little longer today after he had mentioned that my hours were a little lacking, I wanted to make an impression that I had done it for myself, not to justify comps.

The next morning too, we ended up eating some of the food I brought up from VIP, and not ordering anything from room service. I picked up some sandwiches from VIP for the road on the way out, and we hit the road by about 2:30pm, to head back home. Victorious.
    Last edited by MDawg; 02-26-2020 at 11:06 AM.