Thread: What will flat betting get you?

Default What will flat betting get you?

Whether you are playing a game like Blackjack or Baccarat, whether you are counting cards / tracking flow in Blackjack, or betting flat in BJ, or picking random sides in either Bacc., flat betting is...a sure eventual path to LOSING. The house edge will eventually eat you up.

Your only chance at winning at table games like BJ and Baccarat is to vary the bet. Win the big ones, lose the smaller ones, press when the time is right...this is your only chance at success.

With BJ it's pretty easy to know when to jump your bet...count the cards, track the flow, and when the count is positive enough and the flow is favorable, jump the bet.

With Bacc., it is not so easy to know when to increase your bet. Many, either those who play the game and have never been able to win, or have never really played the game period, would say that it is impossible to know when to increase your bet. Nonsense! The fact is, some Baccarat shoes are random, follow no pattern, and represent times when you should either just get up and leave, or bet small. No need to increase the bet on a random shoe following no pattern.

But some shoes, DO have patterns, and better yet, many of these shoes have streaks where the patterns repeat. In the best of shoes this pattern is simply a long run on one side, a long run of players or banks. I have been lucky enough to be present, and betting the table max ($15,000. at that time) on a shoe where the player ran 22 times, followed by one single bank, then 26 times again. Had I maintained my press I would have cleared over a half million on that run, versus the over quarter mill that I did walk with.

On other shoes, the pattern might be a simple back and forth chop, player/bank/player/bank etc. etc.

Other times, the pattern might be that one side never goes past two, which prompts you to put a huge bet on the other side after a side has run its course of two.

Still, naysayers will state that, well, even if there is a pattern, how do you know the pattern will continue? Well, obviously YOU DON'T, at least not for sure, but then neither are you guaranteed to win a given hand of blackjack no matter how positive the count is at that moment. Still, for whatever reason, a good Bacc. shoe, and I have played MANY good shoes, will maintain a pattern or present a run long enough for you to benefit from it.

Consider a good Bacc. shoe like a slot machine that is set to pay off. The cards are set in that shoe the same way this imaginary slot machine might be programmed to pay pay pay. All you have to do is just show up and spin the wheels to collect. The trick, which comes with years of experience is recognizing when you are presented with a good shoe, and pressing your bet, and when you are presented with a bad shoe, and should flee. Fine tune your senses, look at the patterns to see which type of shoe you are presented with, and play accordingly.
    Last edited by MDawg; 12-08-2019 at 05:10 PM.