Keeping track of which side is ahead is one way to justify a big bet on the side that is down IF the rest of the shoe, whatever pattern is repeating, also justifies the bet on that side to begin with, but, the side that is behind doesn't always catch up by the end of the shoe. Lots of shoes have many more of one side or the other, even by the end.

Yesterday we had a shoe where no side could go past two in a row, so whenever two had passed, we'd pile up on the opposing side. This worked for some time, until the pattern finally broke. And then among the indicators on the computer screen, doughnuts, hamburgers, and french fries, much of the time these are meaningless, but yesterday we had a shoe where I noticed that first the hamburgers and then later the doughnuts were exactly predicting the next hand so we followed it, the whole table was repeating my shout of hamburger number 10! Hamburger number 11! Hamburger number 12! as we won many in a row just following that. With those indicators if you start to notice that one or both of them is accurately predicting at least several in a row, you follow it see where it goes, and in some cases such as yesterday it runs.

It just gets back to some shoes follow a pattern, that repeats, and some shoes are random. If you are lucky enough to be in a pattern shoe, you will win. My experience, with my cuts, are that 2/3 of my shoes end up being good.