Thread: Off duty LAPD cop overreacts guns down man and entire family over argument at Costco

1. Default Off duty LAPD cop overreacts guns down man and entire family over argument at Costco

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-amid-deadly-/

Off-duty LAPD officer fires his gun in Costco in Corona after he is assaulted, killing one and injuring two others, authorities say - Los Angeles Times

Off duty cop at Costco in Corona, California argues with a guy with a mohawk Kenneth French, the guy takes a swing at the cop and the cop empties his gun not only in the guy who hit him but into the guy's entire family shooting them all. Cop kills the guy who attacked him, and wounds critically two of his family members.

Where's the need for deadly force? California is not a stand your ground state.

Granted the cop was holding his child but still there was no fear or threat of imminent death.

If this had been anyone else he would be in jail now, but No, because it's a cop, no one has been arrested.

2. Default

Does not sound like a justified shooting. Does not sound like perfect self defense.
    Last edited by modiferous; 06-15-2019 at 09:36 PM.

3. Default

The man killed, Kenneth French, was schizophrenic, and the other two shot by the off duty cop were his parents! I hope this cop is prosecuted.

Blog Entries

This police officer, on the other hand, used restraint and did not draw his gun, even when attacked by a gang of teens. He assessed the situation properly, as not requiring deadly force. Deadly force should be applied only to restrain deadly force.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/off-duty-...meryville-mall

"There was a lot of restraint that had to be practiced," the off duty officer told KTVU. "And I had to do my best to stay in the moment."

Blog Entries

Looks like the Costco police officer shooter has been charged with manslaughter.
    Manslaughter charges filed against LAPD officer who killed disabled man at Costco - Los Angeles Times