I don't know, but I just did it. I was standing barefoot on a wool Persian rug in the kitchen while trying to extract some bread from the toaster with a metal fork. There was a terrific spark and flash and I quickly pulled the fork out. The circuit breaker did not blow, but one of the filaments in the toaster broke and it no longer works.

Was I electrocuted? I don't know - I didn't feel anything but my wrist feels a little sore now.

Here's a close up of the prongs of the brand new fork, melted a tad, so something happened. Just luckily - not to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EletrocutedFork_small.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	20