Thread: Trump failed at most every business he has attempted

Blog Entries

Default Trump failed at most every business he has attempted

Trump was a poor businessman who failed at most everything he tried, then lined his own pockets at the expense of those who worked for or trusted him with loans, investments, including shareholders. Used bankruptcy as a tool to avoid payments. Drew huge salaries from failing businesses.

Trump revisionist history includes boasting of how well he did on deals that actually were complete failures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TrumpFailed.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	10

Blog Entries

A Complete List of Donald Trump�€™s Business Disasters

This is hilarious. Uniquely…stupid.

Especially this part:

[Sharper Image CEO Jerry] Levin described the licensing agreement as “unique,” noting that it lacked the kinds of things he had seen in traditional agreements, like minimums, which would have required the Sharper Image to pay the Trump Organization a set amount regardless of how many steaks they sold.

Launched: 2007
    Service rendered: Steaks
    Years in business: 1

What went wrong: Trump filed the trademark nearly ten years ago, noting that it would be used for “meat, namely, beef, veal, lamb, and pork.” The meat itself came from the Sysco-owned Buckhead Beef, and after first (and presumably, unsuccessfully) attempting to sell the Trump-branded meat on a custom steak-centric website...

...Trump decided to work out an exclusive deal with—where else but—The Sharper Image. A bizarre pairing, sure, but The Sharper Image had nothing to lose. From Think Progress:
    [Sharper Image CEO Jerry] Levin described the licensing agreement as “unique,” noting that it lacked the kinds of things he had seen in traditional agreements, like minimums, which would have required the Sharper Image to pay the Trump Organization a set amount regardless of how many steaks they sold.

As you would expect of anything worthy of bearing the Trump name, the steaks didn’t come cheap. For instance, $1,000 would buy you 24 burgers, 16 steaks, and the dull pangs of regret.

For whatever reason, the wildly expensive steaks sold by a novelty electronics chain didn’t fly off the shelves. Or, as Levin put it, “The net of all that [media attention] was we literally sold almost no steaks,” Levin said. “If we sold $50,000 of steaks grand total, I’d be surprised.”

But how did they taste? According to one reviewer, “They are really greasy, have no flavor, over-priced and just gross!!”

Check out also:
    http://www.artofthesteal.biz/