Dallas Socialite Charged With Shoplifting - ABC News

A Dallas socialite who was celebrated for her fashion sense in Vogue magazine just last year, posed for a different kind of photo shoot after she was arrested for shoplifting.

Brooke Stollenwerck Aldridge — a socialite who earned a "best dressed" distinction from Vogue magazine — was arrested Sept. 15 on suspicion of shoplifting about $2,000 worth of designer goods from a Neiman Marcus department store in Dallas.

The arrest report said Aldridge, 48, was suspected of stuffing items into her purse and trying to flee the store without paying.

Among the items that she is suspected of shoplifting were a pair of black pants valued at $485, a Hermes wallet valued at $1,250 and a Kate Spade wallet valued at $120, according to police documents.

Reid Slaughter, the editor of Park Cities People newspaper says Aldridge has an amazing reputation.
"In Dallas society, Brooke Aldridge is an all star," Slaugther said. "She's a great girl, she has raised millions of dollars for charity and she's very well liked."

Glamour Gal on Exciting Hunt?
Dr. Ray Levy, a clinical psychologist, says Aldridge, who lives in a $2 million dollar home, probably didn't think she really needed wallets and a new pair of pants.

"Pure excitement," Levy said. "We're talking about a hunt. We're talking out scoping out what she's gonna take, how she's going to take it and how she's going to walk through the door. And it's all about the hunt," Levy said.

Because of Aldridge's money and celebrity, her experience might be compared to Winona Ryder's arrest. The actress was charged with shoplifting from a Saks Fifth Avenue store in December of 2001.

I'm tellin' ya' bro', I'm tellin' ya' - it's all about the hunt. I don't need all the things I steal - I just do it for fun sometimes. And for the thrill.