Thread: Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero

Blog Entries

Default Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero

Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero - Yahoo! News

Howling about his newfound potency on Oprah Winfey’s couch in 2005, Tom Cruise meticulously impregnated Holmes, who was soon portrayed in the tabloids (and even in fashion magazines) as Rosemary in “Rosemary’s Baby”—a zombified vessel for Cruise’s cultish designs. Cruise, of course, is an avowed Scientologist, a soldier in that madcap confederacy for showfolk, and their dupes. Scientology has a goofy cosmology and an extremely ungoofy policy of hair-trigger litigiousness and extortion. The combination is frightful. (See Tom Cruise’s own promo.)

Reader, she married him. Had his baby. And instantly the light left her eyes, or so it seemed in photo after tabloid photo. Holmes was peaked, malnourished and overly chaperoned—again recalling Mia Farrow in “Rosemary’s Baby.” Conspiracy theories proliferated about Suri, and Katie, and how Scientology controlled them both. And yet Holmes also made movies, sort of, and fashion; maybe she was getting her part of the bargain. Though it was hard to imagine this normal-seeming sweetheart enjoying a Faustian bargain. I came to think she’d defied her parents, married for starstruck love and found herself just stuck.

But then Tom Cruise started getting featured on he-sucks lists, and suing about them; he looked especially warped on an ultra-mean site called Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians. Cruise’s learning disability, which he has said Scientology cured, resurfaced on various TV appearances in which he used the broad cadences of an action hero with tongue-tied palaver.

Tom Cruise wasn’t Tom Cruise anymore. Like many superstar spouses—like everyone—he was getting old, addled, even jowly. That might have made Cruise more lovable if he allowed age to introduce some humanness to his pose. But instead he doubled down on wacky Scientological jargon and—recent reports of duct-tape-over-security-cams suggest—he locked down Katie Holmes even more drastically. In the gothic novel, he might have soon shot her and himself, or otherwise kept her eternally hostage. But that’s when the twist came.

The story pretty much tells it all, but what isn't mentioned is that Tom Cruise is clearly gay (see the South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet") along with fellow homosexual John Travolta
    John Travolta Had Gay Relationship With His Pilot For Six Years, Former Assistant Claims
    and has been seeking (along with Travolta) to exorcise homosexuality through the cult of Scientology. The point not being that they are gay, but that these guys are trying to deny it and promote their cult at the same time.

Anyway, Tom Cruise is robotic, and, as the article also points out, looking especially warped on the Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians site. The point being, that the old robot is wacked, and Katie Holmes finally got away from him. Maybe she'll start looking like the Katie of old again, soon. We hope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katie Holmes Pretty Joey Potter.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	2  

Blog Entries

As noted above, John Travolta also is gay:
    John Travolta & His Pilot Had 6-Year Gay Relationship | Radar Online

The
    John Travolta sex scandal has exploded with a new report that the actor had a six-year gay affair with his pilot.

Blog Entries

John Travolta tried to blow the late John Conaway (of Taxi fame) while Conaway was asleep!
    Shocking claim: John Travolta tried bed romp with ‘Grease’ co-star Jeff Conaway - NYPOST.com

John Travolta just couldn’t resist a quickie with Kenickie.

The Hollywood horndog shocked “Grease” co-star Jeff Conaway when he attempted to give him oral sex while he was sleeping, a bombshell report claims.

Travolta’s steamy Early Morning Fever session happened in the 1990s at Conaway’s home, Conaway’s former fianc�e, Vikki Lizzi, told the National Enquirer.

The late Conaway allegedly said he was so dismayed to wake up and find his friend giving him oral sex that it ended his long relationship with Travolta.